Thursday, November 22, 2007

Our first encounter with Cheddar

The is a story about out lost cat from a past blog.

This caculating feline, used it's charm to gain access to my wife and myself hearts. After two of my wife's cats, went to the litter box in the sky, we were left with one.
My wife told me that after all of her cats shuffled off their mortal fur, she would not get any more fur shedding, noise making, jump on ya when you trying to sleep, demanding food, spreading litter everywhere, scratching up the furniture and just being balls of fur... anymore. Or something to that effect, I may have added a bit.


Gees... I just noticed that I can only use a total of 25,000 characters, now I got to count this..will be back..
I was going to really count what I have written, but ya know, I just anit gonna do it..though it would have been funny...or a tad bit obessive. But don't let that stop you from doing it..knock your self out. I know your wanna find out, just so you can tell me what the amount is..go ahead ..it will be fun.


Okay back to the cat. He is orange, and well, he's a bit of a rascal. I knew my wife wanted another cat and well this ner-do-well shows up on our steps, acting all innocent, being nice and loving. "Please pet me...I will love you and be your friend...I just wanna hang out with my new bestest buddies." We bought that hook, line, sinker, tackle box, boat, motor and even the wadders. The cat had us at Meow.

Oh we put up the strong, "let's think about it for a bit". Yeah right..You might as well sell me some swamp land in Florida, the Brooklyn Bridge, sure I'll take one, got any beads to go with it. This was not just any cat, a con artist, a cat buglar, he's got skills.

We decide to give him a name, but we were not sure what to call him. We had one remainding cat, Bobby.. she's a her, and she does not like me, well she does not like anybody..at first meeting, or second or third or fouth...you get the idea. I did not know that my wife had three cats for a couple of months while dating, she was just a blur of fur shooting across the floor..(the cat)
Bobby and I have an understanding, you leave me alone and I will do the same..unless there is tuna involved..then I am this special guy she wants to rub aganist. She is such a tuna lover. Are ya still counting the number of characters?

So the name for the cat, had to be special. Then I said we are going to have another shedder in the house, the color orange clicked in my brain, then shedder clicked in my brain then I came up with Cheddar...so we named our cat Cheddar...Cheddar Cheese..
Cheddar loves to go outside, the reason he is inside is to eat and sleep, but he loves the outdoors..the wind in his face, sticks, weeds to attack and critters to chase, he is a free spirit..a rebel with uh.. claws.

Before we were going to permently keep this Houdini wannabe we needed to get his shots. So we keep him inside, but he managed to open the cat door to the screen porch, then rip open a hole and set his little wings a flapping, Oh and he knocked over the unplugged space heater covering the cat door, but he always comes back..every single time, does he purr and wannna be petted and loved..not he just trots over to the food bowl, and there better be food there..(actually he loves to be petted..who doesn't?)

He is a young and restless cat, he has loads of energy, is not the sedate lap cat, we want him to be, he is playful and fun to be around. Give him a ball, a stick or just a string and he is a happy cat.

He has the same understanding as I do with Bobby, most the time he get close to her..stares at her, then she slapped or hiss at him then she runs and he chases her.........and I smile.............

Right now he is outside, chasing something, or just laying around enjoying the cool air, not bad a life when you think about it......


....Cheddar we miss ya, but I am sure you are doing well.....


No comments: