Monday, April 7, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Spring Cleaning is two words, one I love, the other ...well... I do my best to avoid at all cost. Both inspire rebirth. Rebirth may not be the best word to use in this comparison, if one considers what may have not been cleaned during the other three seasons, something that has been sitting there alone in the dark, pondering it's existence, "Am I something someone wants or at least has an unwarranted or unexplainable desire to keep around, or am I something that can not be explained and attracts proclaimations such as "Oh my stars, What is that?" and the most feared, "I am not touching that, call a professional."

Let's turn to Spring. It's the best time of year, flowers bloom, pollen flies, nose get stuffy, but there is no more damp, dark and dismal days. The days get longer, the nights getting brighter...On Broadway, okay so that's not the exact lyric, but the sentiment is there.

Spring is the time of excitement, maybe not on the level of a Broadway production, at least the temperature rises and the landscape gets brighter, however, the ticket prices are more reasonable.

What about the dust, the reason for cleaning, to understand cleaning, we must first understand dust, it has to make it's home in this world, however, cleaning sets in, there are some that will clean before the dust has a fighting, almost suicidal chance to settle, to find a comfortable place to rest, but there is cleaning happening and the dust realizes that it must go elsewhere, to a place where the vigilante unrelenting mission of cleaning is not as "restrictive"

So the destitute dust shows up at my house, finding a place that is somewhat more "user friendly". It is quiet, silent and realizes that if it just lands on the places that have the least restrictive cleaning regimen, it would be..to use a word..happy.

This is the reason that cleaning is a difficult thing for me, the idea of putting many dust particles in a state of homelessness, is something that don't sit well with me. Well.. until my wife states the obvious, dust is bad..it must go!


Sorry dust, but I do love the Spring...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike, me thinks you are not busy enough, working, gaming, eating, sleeping. Leave Dust alone, whom did it hurt? Obviously dust is meant to be around, it keeps popping up and I say, if that happens, best to let it be, no sense in stirring it up, after all, you clean it, it settles, you start over again? So WHY bother, I don't, just let sleeping dogs lie! Why do people blog? Why do people respond? Does dust care? Is it reading this now? Spring is an illusion dust plays on you, don't react to it, and only then will it go away, out of mind, out of sight ....

Your Fiend: FloatingBiscuit

Glenn A.Gurley said...

Dust if you must but don't let it keep you from you naps.