Saturday, March 29, 2008

This is a lousy day, I am tired and have a sore throat

Life is good, in general. The day is just lousy.

Here is the question, Are the days themselves lousy or just the stuff that happens on those days? It is not like salted in the shell peanuts, every now and then, you open a shelled peanut and find a dried up and ugly peanut, therefore, a lousy peanut, I am thinking that it is not the day, just the stuff that happens on that particular day.

Something in the back of my mind is concerned about the above analogy, but I like peanuts so it will stay.

So I guess all my days are great, since they are there, and only come once a....uh...day. It would be best to be glad of that and any day.

So we come to the conclusion that lousy stuff, happens. The day is not responsible. So I guess the phrase "I am having a lousy day", is not directed at that day, be it Monday, Thursday or any of the other seven.

So to keep on topic of the title of this blog. Today is a lousy day, not because of the day, but because I am in this day and I am tired and have a sore throat.

And I had to work on this day, and it seems that the word "work" is always preceeded with the words "had to". Go ahead and test it. Most of the time that the use of the word "work" or similar word is used, it always follows "had to".

So for me at this time, a lousy day consist of, work, being tired and a sore throat. But what about this blogging moment, I like doing this, so is the day still lousy, my throat would agree, as well as other worn out body parts.

But for me this day is turning out just fine, cause I like writting this blog.

I am at home, my wife is watching a movie, the cats are not running amok in the house, I am still tired and have to work tomorrow. Is the day still lousy? not really, just parts of it..it is those lousy "hours" that mess up the day, but that is for another blog.

2 comments:

Glenn A.Gurley said...

A Day is what you make out of it, You can have a good day or you can have a bad day a day is just whatever you make of it..

Anonymous said...

Lousy does not a day make, Lousy are we made of, surrounds us, it does, binds us together. Hmmphh, Lousy we create and when we bind together, lousier it gets. Net is that too many of us working to a lousy end can mean a lousy event for us to spoil the day. We make Lousy, so if it seems lousy, then either you or whomever you deal with is making the lousy appear, DEAL with the Lousy!!

Your Fiend: FloatingBiscuit